There has never been a better time to consider a tree change to the North Eastern Region of Victoria. Join the teams at our Wangaratta/Albury branches
Lawrence & Hanson is Australia’s most recognised electrical wholesaler. Our heritage is strong. Since 1886 we have been supplying electrical products to customers across multiple market sectors, including residential, commercial and industrial. We have a national network of over 150 branches providing quality products, backed by expert advice, technical & logistical support, and e-commerce solutions. We are part of Sonepar, a family owned business and the global leaders in electrical wholesaling.
About the role
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Business Development Manager plays an important role in maintaining and growing our customer base and maximising branch sales and profitability across the region. The right candidate will learn the business and move into a Branch Manager role.
What you would do in this role
- Maintain strong relationships with suppliers and customers
- Grow business with existing and new customers
- Increase sales activities across multiple product ranges
- Maintain account and call plans including activity
- Monitor product pricing and trading margins
- Capitalise on sales and margin opportunities
- Develop and implement a Branch Business Plan to achieve business growth
- Manage all aspects of Branch operations including P&L accountability
How can I tell if this is for me?
- Customer and sales focused with experience in a similar role
- Self-motivated and driven to efficiently manage your own time to achieve targets
- Willingness to take on a leadership role and manage the branch
- Trade or product knowledge desirable – or a keen desire to learn
- Lead and manage the branch to be a profitable business unit
- Identify, create and capitalise on new business opportunities
- Engage and develop a passionate and dedicated team
- Develop partnerships with suppliers to ensure the right products are available for our customers
What’s in it for you?
- A bright future – our five-year plan focuses on people, growth and innovation
- Career and development – we invest in our people because we know they make the difference
- A culture of success and fun – we work hard and succeed together as a high performing team
- Financial incentives – we offer an attractive profit share scheme in each branch
- Local meets global – we are part of Sonepar, a family owned business and the global leaders in electrical wholesaling
How to apply?
If your experience reflects the criteria outlined above, apply now. We know it might seem daunting, but give the video cover letter a go and tell us why you’re interested in our role.