Join our team as an end to end Payroll Administrator
Lawrence & Hanson is Australia’s most recognised electrical wholesaler. Our heritage is strong. Since 1886 we have been supplying electrical products to customers across multiple market sectors, including residential, commercial and industrial. We have a national network of over 150 branches providing quality products, backed by expert advice, technical & logistical support, and e-commerce solutions. We are part of Sonepar, a family owned business and the global leaders in electrical wholesaling.
About the role
Reporting to the Payroll & HR Support Services Manager, the Payroll Administrator plays an important role in the full scope of payroll and legislative requirements of an employee life-cycle.
What you would do in this role
- Prepare and process fortnightly and monthly payroll
- Payroll enquiries and issue resolution
- Process and maintain payroll production and records
- Liaise with Superannuation funds and ATO
- Payroll reporting monthly and annually
- Ad hoc projects
How can I tell if this is for me?
- Experience in a large multi-divisional organisation, high volume 1,000+
- Experience interpreting employment contracts & awards
- Broad understanding of accounting functions, particularly in relation to payroll costing reflections in general ledger
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability in use of various HRIS and payroll (Preceda preferred but not mandatory)
- Willingness to work in and be part of a team environment
- Ability to report payroll costs in a format that non-commercial personnel can easily understand
- A proactive approach to team work and customer service
What’s in it for you?
- A bright future – our five-year plan focuses on people, growth and innovation
- Career and development – we invest in our people because we know they make the difference
- A culture of success and fun – we work hard and succeed together as a high performing team
- Local meets global – we are part of Sonepar, a family owned business and the global leaders in electrical wholesaling
How to apply?
If your experience reflects the criteria outlined above, apply now. We know it might seem daunting, but give the video cover letter a go (on the next page) and tell us why you’d be great at a Payroll Administrator role.